Our main goal has always been to provide you with a healthier and cleaner home and business. We have been trusted since 1969 by our clients, as we are known as professional mold remediation experts that people have trusted to deliver the best mold remediation service possible.
All mold remediation jobs are unique, and we at Fresh Start always treat them as such. The amount of work required for each situation depends on a variety of factors such as the total area damaged and how far the contamination has spread. Once a professional mold remediation technician arrives and has a chance to inspect your home or business, they’ll be able to compile a detailed project timeline that is tailored to the job needed to be done for you.
Here’s How It Works
Once a technician arrives, they will inspect and evaluate the damage. They will use special tools and instruments to measure the moisture content of the material within your home or business. Materials such as floors, baseboards, drywalls and ceilings in the affected areas will be inspected, and their findings will be recorded, and our technicians will accurately map the affected areas. Temperature and humidity levels will also be recorded in order to create an appropriate drying plan.
During the containment process, the affected areas are isolated in order to prevent any cross contamination and to maintain proper temperature and humidity, while simultaneously ensuing that we can get your home and business back to you as soon as possible.
Our trained technicians are thoroughly specialized in mold remediation. Our technicians will work quickly and carefully to get you back in your home or business as soon as possible. During the process we will try to save as many of your belongings (such as appliances, furniture and clothing) as we can. We will also make sure to document everything we remove from the structure by taking pictures and/or keeping written records. We will also return any salvageable furniture and appliances back to your home or business, after the mold remediation is complete.
Throughout the process your technician will be periodically monitoring and recording the dehumidifiers’ intake and output temperatures and humidity levels, while also taking readings of the same surfaces inspected during the initial inspection process.
In order to properly remediate a mold affected structure, all affected material that are porous and non-cleanable need to be removed and properly disposed off. This includes many building materials such as drywalls, carpets, cabinets, and insulation.
Mold damage signs are not always apparent. Discoloration on the walls and ceiling surfaces are obvious while odors trapped in hidden places such as wall cavities are not as apparent. Fresh Start technicians will perform a thorough cleanup using industrial-grade equipment and products, guaranteeing the health of the structure.
Once your home or business has been returned to its previous dry state, the water damage cleanup process is considered complete. At this point the drying equipment will be removed from the home and your technician will confirm your satisfaction of the work done.
As A Bonus, Here Are Some Mold Prevention Tips!
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that has been soaked and cannot be dried promptly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
Use our Live Pricing & Real-Time Booking Pages to customize your mold remediation service, and instantly view personalized pricing on our website. Book online or call us and you will also receive an instant text and/or email confirmation.